Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It hurts sometimes

I don't know if I like it when a book stabs me in the heart in the first three pages. I think this one my be a little too close to home.
It's been almost 4 years since my mom passed away, I hadn't seen her in in almost three years when she finally let go. The years before that were weekly visits to the nursing home and calls in the middle of the night, screaming they were hurting her.
Throw on clothes speed over to the home....She sits there calm as a Buddha, smug in her ability to make me jump. I stand there in my backwards, inside out shirt fuming at her.
All you can do at that point is sigh, hug her and try not to strangle her while you do it. I get the orderlies to load her up to go outside for a smoke. She wants me to do her nails, rub her hands...she wants to be touched.

Damn.

55 was too young to be an bedridden nutcase.

Buffalo Lockjaw looks interesting if it doesn't make me throw it at the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment